This scrumptious and mouth watering cake is originally a German dessert called Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte in german language. Recipe of this quite simple and its main ingredients are whipped cream , cherries, cherry syrup and chocolate .
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time :40 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5 people
For Cake Sponge :
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Butter
1 cup milk
¾ unsweetened cocoa powder
For Frosting :
1 pint whipping cream
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
For topping and filling:
· Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl properly.
· Break eggs in a separate bowl and add sugar, milk, cooking oil and vanilla essence. Mix them properly till a nice liquid mixture is obtained.
· Add this liquid mixture to the bowl containing flour mixture and make a thick paste .
· Grease a 9 inches pan with molten butter and sprinkle all purpose flour on all sides.
· Add the batter to this pan and let it settle for a few minutes.
· Preheat heat the oven at 375 Fahrenheit and bake the cake for 35-40 minutes.
· In a bowl mix the whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence and beat the mixture till the thick cream is obtained. This will be used for frosting purpose.
· Grate a chocolate bar using a grater.
· Let the cake cool once it is baked and remove the top cake crust using knife. Then cut the rest of the cake in 3 equal layers.
· Drain the cherries out of can and crush them or slice them in very small pieces. Keep the cherry syrup in separate bowl.
· Pierce all the cake layers using a fork so that base can absorb the cherry syrup properly. Put cherry syrup on all the layers.
· Take a cake layer and apply frosting on the top and spread crushed cherries and chocolate shavings. Then put another layer on this layer and apply frosting and top it with crush cherries and chocolate shavings.
· Finally put the final cake layer and apply frosting on the top and all around the cake and give it a nice finishing using spatula.
· Top the cake with cherries and sprinkle chocolate shavings on the top and all around the cake.
· And Ta Da !!! Your Black forest cake is ready !! Wasn’t that simple ??